Could Your Pet
Save A Life?


Take a look at the information in our
Advice section and talk to the vet
about your pet being a...

Title

Festive Dangers!

Posted by Abigail on Thursday 13th of December 2012

I don't know about you, but I love Christmas. A chance to be with all my loved ones, enjoying good food, great company and to relax.


However, while we're relaxing and having a good time, there are some things about the festive season that we must all remember as they present potentially fatal hazards for our pets.


For example, did you know that even a small amount of chocolate can be fatal to your dog? Or that poinsettia plants are toxic to cats? Mistletoe and holly are also dangerous if eaten by your pets and antifreeze tastes delicious to your cat, but can kill them in a fairly short space of time. Ingestion of any of these things is considered an emergency and you must bring your pets to Grove Lodge Vets straight away if they decide to help themselves to these unsuitable things.

Click here for more information about hazards around the home.


In an emergency, please call 01903 234866 - there is always a vet and nurses on site to help you and your pets, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.